Frequently Asked Question
- What is Cremation?
- Cremation is the process of reducing a body by exposing it to intense heat. High heat and evaporation ensure the body is reduced to mineral form, this is known as the cremains. The cremains are then processed into a powdered form generally referred to as ashes.
- Why Cremation?
- Cremation is a good option for people who live in a unit, are renting or where burial is not an option or cost prohibitive. Our range of vessels offer a beautiful way of remembering the great times and affectionate moments you had with your best mate, companion and member of the family.
- Will I get my pets ashes back?
- Absolutely. We are all pet owners and understand the importance in having peace of mind and that your special friend is looked after whilst with us. All pets received by Petrest are given a special ID tag that stays with them throughout their time with us resulting in the guaranteed return of your pets ashes in their entirety within 6 working days.
- When will I get my pet's ashes back?
- Your pet will be returned to you or your vet within 6 working days. However you can elect to use our Express overnight service (where possible) and have your pet's ashes back the following day (additional charges apply).
- Do you cremate any pet?
- Yes, we cremate all pets from rats to ferrets, cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, birds, and exotic pets.
- What if I don't want the ashes back?
- We offer a pet removal service with your pet being collected and cremated without the return of ashes.
- How do I arrange for you to collect my pet?
Choose either method below:
- What other Products are available?
- We offer a wide range of vessels and keepsakes for your pet's ashes.
- Where are you located?
- We are located in the Northern Beaches of Sydney.